->

News & Information

Free-flowing Beaudesert Road underpass out of the ground

Posted on October 22nd, 2018

One of the Logan Motorway’s congestion hotspots is another step closer to being a thing of the past as construction progresses on Transurban Queensland’s Logan Enhancement Project.

Late last week the Minister for Environment and the Great Barrier Reef, Science and the Arts, Leeanne Enoch, joined the Member for Stretton, Duncan Pegg and Transurban Queensland Group Executive, Sue Johnson, to inspect construction progress on the new free-flowing Beaudesert Road southbound underpass that will take motorists onto the Logan Motorway towards Ipswich.

“It was great to be on-site today to see first-hand progress of the underpass that will improve travel time reliability and safety for motorists by removing the need to cross oncoming high-speed traffic,” Minister Enoch said.

Member for Stretton, Duncan Pegg, said motorists won’t have long to wait with the underpass opening to traffic in early 2019.

“I encourage motorists to experience a virtual sneak peak of new underpass by visiting loganenhancementproject.com.au,” Mr Pegg said.

Transurban Queensland Group Executive, Sue Johnson, said a series of important project milestones are scheduled over the coming months with construction now 60% complete, and more than 1.5 million hours worked.

“Later this month we will move traffic onto the new southbound Wembley Road bridge over the Logan Motorway so we can demolish the existing bridge before starting work to build the new northbound bridge,” Ms Johnson said.

“The demolition of this bridge will occur from 8pm Friday 2 November through to 5am Monday 5 November 2018,” she said.

“To ensure the safety of motorists and construction workers there will be major traffic changes in the area during the works. I urge customers to plan ahead, allow additional travel time or use an alternative route.”