News & Information
Construction now underway
Today the first sod on the Logan Enhancement Project was turned, signaling the start of major construction on the project.
The sod turning also marked the release of minor changes to the project design. The changes are:
- providing a new free left hand turn from Macquarie Way, Drewvale onto Wembley Road
- retaining the existing cul-de-sac at Prospect Place, Berrinba
- providing a new four-way intersection at Pagewood Street, Berrinba
- wrapping the westbound service road over the Logan Motorway westbound (previous design had the Logan Motorway wrapping over the service road)
- providing an alternative design for the fauna crossing at Illaweena Street, Drewvale known as a BEBO arch.
Construction will take about two years to complete. The best way to keep up-to-date on traffic changes required for the project is to subscribe to receive regular project updates.