Transurban Queensland is committed to strengthening communities through transport.
As part of the final design for the project, a new 2km shared bike/pedestrian bike path along Beaudesert Road/Mt Lindesay Highway will provide the missing active transport link between Illaweena Street and Acacia Street.
This path will improve connectivity and safety for cyclists and pedestrians in this area.
Other cycling facilities to be provided as part of the project include:
On Compton Rd:
- on-road cycle lane on each side of Compton Road
- off-road footpath on each side of Compton Road.
On Wembley Road:
- on-road cycle lane on each side of Wembley Road
- off-road footpath on each side of Wembley Road.
On Illaweena Street underneath the Gateway Extension Motorway:
- off-road shared path on the northern side of Illaweena Street.