Beaudesert Road/Mount Lindesay Highway
Beaudesert Road/Mount Lindesay Highway interchange
The current interchange
The Beaudesert Road/Mt Lindesay Highway interchange is at capacity and is congested. Specifically:
Five traffic conflicts:
- Changing lanes is difficult – there are numerous moves and merges motorists are trying to make across a short space of road, to reach multiple destinations. This results in stop–start traffic flow, leading to long queues and delays.
At peak capacity:
- There are not enough traffic lanes to support current traffic demand at peak times, and a lack of capacity for future growth.
- Congestion at peak times is leading to risky behaviour. The traffic conflicts mix high speed motorway traffic with lower speed traffic trying to enter/exit. There is also a high percentage of heavy vehicles which compounds the issue.
What changes are included in the final concept design?
The final concept design for this interchange will improve safety and reliability, reduce travel times, enhance connectivity to key residential and business areas, and future proof the network.
Community and stakeholder feedback has directly shaped the final concept design for this interchange:
- the existing right-hand turn from Beaudesert Road southbound to the Logan Motorway westbound has been replaced with a free-flowing underpass—removing the need for previously proposed traffic signals
- a designated free-flowing ramp for northbound Mt Lindesay Highway traffic to access the Logan Motorway and the Gateway Extension Motorway— removing the need for previously proposed traffic signals
- one set of traffic signals where the Mt Lindesay Highway southbound meets the westbound service road, to control weaving and merging.
Experience the interchange post-construction.
|Beaudesert Rd Southbound to Logan Motorway Westbound
||Mt Lindesay Highway northbound to Gateway Extension Motorway
| Mt Lindesay Highway northbound to Logan Motorway eastbound
||Logan Motorway Eastbound to Mount Lindesay Highway
|Mt Lindesay Highway northbound to Logan Motorway eastbound
Explore the final concept design for more information.